Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Now low blood sugar????.....................

So after that last Dr.'s appointment where my blood sugar was so low (55) I figured it was a freak thing, wouldn't have to worry about it anymore. Well.....apparently I was wrong. Sunday morning, got up ate break feast, had some juice, and went on to church. After about an hour in church, I had to sit down because my head started getting really dizzy and my heart felt like it was pounding out of my chest. So my mom and I went out of the church to sit in the mothers room....which I then almost passed out and my hands got really tingly. So they gave me a candy bar, we left to go to my mom's which is really close by, and I drank some apple juice. I felt better, back to normal in about 30 mins. THEN.....yesterday we had our first labor/delivery class which we were really excited about. Now mind you, I ate dinner and drank juice before we got there. About 2 hrs in I had to run out because I was getting sick. Threw up, felt a little better so I went back into the class. Then... it was like Sunday all over again.....and all I could think was about "AWESOME ...I'm going to make a complete fool of myself and pass out in front of all these strangers and freak all the other pregnant mommy's out in there. So I just took off out the door, Eric came running after me, and there I go, slid right down the wall and passed out. Low blood sugar AGAIN..so the instructor gave me orange juice and a cold rag, and I started to come to and feel better....this time was way worse, I sweat through my shirt (NASTY) and really had a rough time being able to gather myself. She wanted me to go upstairs to the maternity ward, I said no I just wanted to go home. After all that...I again was fine. My next appointment is Wednesday so I will talk to my Dr. about all this and see what it is we can do and where to go from here. In the mean time I have a little cooler I carry with me now that has granola bars, cheese and crackers, and apple juice for these occasions, hopefully there won't be ANYMORE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment