Thursday, June 10, 2010

32 week checkup=not fun!

Went in for the 32 week checkup. When I woke up that morning, I wasn't feeling great at all. Very shaky, dizzy, and extremely sick to my stomach. Which they could obviously tell when I went into the office. My blood pressure was a little low but I wasn't running a fever. HOWEVER since the glucose test kept getting pushed around and messed up, they wanted to do a standing finger stick to see what my blood sugar was at that moment. Of course that just made me feel even more sick to my stomach. My blood sugar was 55 at that moment which she didn't like, so she had me drink some apple juice.......and that stayed down for about 5 mins. After I got done throwing up the apple juice she sent me to the hospital to get some fluids and be checked out. It wasn't so bad there. They gave me some fluids and then tested my blood sugar again it went up to 83 which was way better then when I got there. I had to stay about 2 hours to make sure everything was alright then they let me go home. They gave me a prescription for heartburn/nausea to help me out. As far as the glucose goes they are going to call me and let me know what further steps they want to take towards that. Hopefully the Dr. will decide that the 2 standing finger sticks they did were good enough to tell that I DO NOT have diabetes because neither one of them were high. So here's HOPING!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment