Monday, January 25, 2010

Babyshower and hospital visit

Yesterday we had a baby shower for my sister-in-law who is due anytime now with the first girl :) Just watching her open all her gifts and looking at all the baby stuff she got made me so excited for my baby!!! I just can't wait to shop and buy the little outfits and other things we need to take care of her/him!!! And then.....to make a more dramatic effect to the party, Amanda started having contractions so we had to take her to the hospital...we for sure thought little Kelsey was gonna make an appearance, but she was just playing games with us. As I sat there watching them hook Amanda up to all the machines, watching the babies heartbeat and the monitor showing her contractions going up and down (so not looking forward to THAT part) ...I just really can't believe that in about 6 months that is going to be me...waiting for my little one to come into the world. HOW EXCITING!!!!! BUT...I hope that I do not have to deal with what my poor sister in law has to....False Labor! All the contractions and pain that comes along with it...but not dilating or getting any closer to having little girl come out. And to top it ALL off, she didn't even get a break in between, she was having contractions on top of contractions. It would look like they were gonna come down...but nope, shot right back up. Luckily they drugged her up and were able to stop them so she could get some sleep. I am REALLY hoping that little Kelsey comes out this week..I'm just so anxious to see her!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment