Thursday, January 21, 2010

12 week prenatal visit.....

Yesterday was my 12 week appointment. Had to have a pap test, which is never a good time! They checked to make sure that my uterus was growing correctly and to make sure that there were no issues. Everything was great and moving along smoothly! PRAISE GOD!! Also all my blood tests came back perfect as well :) AND THEN IT WAS TIME... we finally get to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time. It was incredible!! I can't even describe the feeling of hearing that fast boom boom boom inside my belly. And man was it fast..171!! Which we are going to believe the old wives tale of faster heartbeat means it's usually a girl ;) Eric was so excited, but in shock at the same time. This whole time the pregnancy hasn't felt all that real to him (except of course my strong sense of smell and morning sickness) but when he heard that baby's heartbeat his whole face just lit up and right then, I think he realized that this was REALLY happening :)

As for the morning sickness, it finally seems to be getting better. It was so awful for the last 3 weeks I couldn't even keep water down some days. No sleep nauseated all the time. NO FUN!! Baby Peffley rejected everything that I ate..little stinker haha. They say that it's supposed to all subside and start to go away after the first trimester which I am in my last week of. I'm praying that it works out that way for me.

Stay tuned for more :).....

The Peffley's

No comments:

Post a Comment