Thursday, January 21, 2010

Baby Names

So I have decided that one of the hardest things to do is trying to pick a name for our baby. Coming up with names that someone else doesn't already have or is planning on using in the next 6months since it seems like every girl I know is pregnant at the moment haha. That and making sure you don't name your child something that they aren't going to be mad at you for later on in life.

Now as for a girl I am pretty sure we have settled on Zoey Kaylin Peffley. We both love the name Zoey and thankfully I don't know anyone who is already using this name haha. And Kaylin is a name that we came up with...."Kay" is Eric's mother's middle name and Grandmother's first name. "Lynn" is my mother's middle name and Grandmother's first name. And since we couldn't just pick one to use as a middle name we decided to put them together.

Now as for a boy.....we really liked the name Landon, but we have a friend we went to high school with that just had a beautiful baby boy, and she named him Landon :) And it also doesn't help that we have 5 nephews and all brothers taking most other boy names we have liked haha. I never really thought that boys were going to be the hard names to come up. Ya know when you are little and you come up with all the names you love that you someday wanna grow up and name your children....well..none of those boy names work anymore. Either because they are used or I just got older and realized that naming your child that would be just plain cruel :)

SO basically we are back at square one with boy names...... are other optional girl names that we have liked are Jemma, Lilly, and Eva. But really I am voting for Zoey ;)

2 comments:

  1. Very cute ideas!! I could think of a million girls names, but it was like digging for hidden treasure with boy names! SO HARD! It felt like weeks that I spent in baby name books and all over the internet to finally find one we liked :o) Can't wait to find out what you are having!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah it's crazy!! Girl names...I could go on FOREVER..but with boys...oh so hard. LoL i've come to the conclusion that means I just have to have a girl haha. We are SO anxious to find out what we are having. 7 more weeks!! AHHH that seems like FOREVER!! You just need to pass along the boy names that you didn't choose to use lol

    ReplyDelete