Saturday, July 10, 2010

ER visit x 3

YUCK!! Alright, well July 4th, 5th, and 8th were all spent in the emergency room. I have been having this weird episodes where I can feel my heart skip a beat, and then it speeds up and beats out of my chest for a good 15 mins....during which I can't breathe right,I get this awful tightness in my chest, I turn gray, get all sweaty, and feel as though I am going to pass out. They had me on a heart monitor for awhile and we watched my heart rate go from 89 to 148 within seconds and then it finally slowed back down. They did an EKG and found some minor arrhythmia, but they didn't think it was enough to worry about. It happened 4 more times, and this last time it actually caused my vision to go a little funny, with these weird....I had like blurriness with weird light flashes and along with my chest getting tight it actually had sharp pains. I talked to my OB Dr. about it, and they checked the baby out fully, make sure everything was fine with her...did blood work, it all came out okay. So they decided it was an issue that I needed to see my primary Dr. for. Saw him yesterday.. he is sending me to a cardiologist Tuesday where they are going to put this harness 24 heart monitor thing on me for a day to see if they can catch one of the episodes and see if it is a serious issue, or if it is something that will most likely go away once the baby is born. I will update on Wednesday after my baby appointment/and update on what they say about the whole heart deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment