Thursday, March 18, 2010

Little Princess!!

We went to our first ultrasound yesterday....and survey says GIRL!! We are SO very excited, especially me because I really wanted a little girl :) The ultrasound was so amazing! She was very helpful right away letting us know that she was indeed a girl, but then after she showed us that area... she was done helping us out hahahaha... she's quite the little stubborn thing. The nurse kept trying and trying to get some pictures of her face and profile, but she was WASN'T going to let that happen, she kept turning her little head and hiding from us. Which I really just found adorable lol. She was moving a lot as well..we watched her fight to get that little thumb in her mouth...she finally got it in there..SOOO sweet.. so we watched her suck her little thumb for awhile. The nurse said that she is tucked way down in the very bottom of my uterus....she showed us all this other room she has to move around, but she was quite content burrowed in the very bottom. Now hopefully she moves out of there before she grows more...because otherwise my bladder is going to be having a hard time lol. I already have to pee every 15 mins ....I just can't imagine if she stays down there, growing..I'll never be able to leave home. Everything else about her growth is perfect and developing as it should be. All organs she has and her little heart are all perfect:) Of course I don't expect anything less...we pray over her everyday that she is "Healthy and Whole...Nothing missing..Nothing broken!" Which we will continue to pray over her until the day we see her beautiful face :)
I went to my regular check up appointment after the ultrasound, and my midwife had such a hard time trying to find her little heartbeat. I told her to try at the very bottom of my uterus and sure enough..there it was. 135 beats :) My midwife cracked up she said thats where you check for a heartbeat at like 12 weeks..not 20. My uterus is measuring at 19 which is right at my belly button. They said my due date could be closer to August 5th, but we are going to keep it at the 1st for now.
I just can't even describe how excited we are that we are going to have a little girl!!!!! I already did some shopping yesterday and bought some new born and 3-6 month clothes for her. It was SO exciting to actually be able to go to a store and know which to buy :)!!!! I will post more later.... and hopefully get the ultrasound picture up for everyone to see!!!!

Stay posted :)

2 comments:

  1. YAY! A GIRL!!! She is going to be so pretty!! Any names yet? hehe... I know it is kinda early since you just found out - but I was thinking of names all the time. I had tons of girls names and like, 2 boy names. It was hard! So you are lucky. Girl names are so much easier :) I still held on to my girl name list, ya know - future reference ;) Glad she is doing well!!! I wanna see you and your pregnant self. I will let you know the next time I am coming home. BYE!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl I have been thinking of names since like the moment I became pregnant hahaha We have settled on Zoey Kaylinn Peffley. I would LOVE to see you and the little man when you come in town so make sure you totally let me know!!!

    ReplyDelete